Our cruise is sneaking up behind us that in a few days we will be sea bound. This will be my second cruise and I’m excited. Though since I am pregnant there are limited things I can’t do. I’m not going to let not going in hot tubs, not trying certain excursions, and not eating in ports ruin it. Still I’m a little bit behind in preparation. I know most people just make sure that they are pack the night before but I like to do some preparation that involves the end of the vacation of coming home to a nice clean home.
Here is my general list:
- Pack clothing and toiletries the night before
- Prepare vacation folder /pregnancy folder
- Pay bills early
- Clean house. It’s always nice to come home to a nice clean home.
- Clean cat fountains and litter (one cat will stay home, other two will be with grandpa)
- Throw out food that will spoil while we are gone.
- Laundry has to be done. Especially husband’s uniforms.
- Notify boss of upcoming activities due for the person covering for me.
- Put eBay store on vacation with auto response.
- Leave Nephew note on what to do while we are gone (he’s feeding our one cat that is staying)
It seems counter intuitive to prepare for a relaxing vacation. Yet if I don’t do this, my mind will be constantly worrying what I should have done before going. I’m so excited. I love going on cruises. On my first cruise it was a Disney Cruise to the Caribbean. I spent the first few days being sea sick but after dramamine I realized how much cruising is relaxing and much easier to stick to a budget.